Guinness Nigeria is proud of the high ethical standards with which it conducts its businesses. This has been independently acknowledged by various international and local standards organisations, professional bodies, the media and regulatory agencies.
Here is a selection of some of our achievements:
2013 - Most Socially Responsible Private Sector company supporting the water sector
2012 - The Best Place To Work in Nigeria Award
2012 - The Best Multinational Company in Nigeria Award
2011 - Two SERA Awards: Most Socially Responsible Company in Labour Practices and Most Socially Responsible Company for Fair Operating Practices
2011 - Grand Award in CSR (Health Sector) by LEAD
2011 - Coolest CSR Stories for 2011 by CoolBrands Global at the 2011 SERA Awards
2009 - Company of the year Award 2009 by ThisDay Newspapers
2009 - Two SERA Awards for the Most Socially Responsible Company, and the Most Environmentally Responsible Company in Nigeria
Other awards and recognition include:
- Nigerian Stock Exchange President’s Merit Award since 1997.
- The Top 10 Most Respected Companies in Nigeria Award by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- The best-kept industrial premises by Manufacturers Association of Nigeria
- Fire Prevention Association of Nigeria Award for safety policies
- The Best Improved Quality Award and Guinness Africa league for Quality Excellence.
- All the company’s products have consistently won the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) Gold Quality Awards since 1982.
- ISO 9002:1994 quality standards received in 2001; Guinness Nigeria became the first brewery in West Africa to be so honoured.
- The Ophthalmologic Society of Nigeria has also honoured the Guinness Nigeria with a “Distinguished Service Award” for, in its own words, the company’s “enormous contributions” to eye care delivery in the country.